Sunday, December 11, 2011

An Update a Day, Day Three

Guess what? MORE FIGURES.

These were all done in graphite, a medium I was fortunate enough to explore during high school. I had a difficult time seeing the correct proportions with the pencil, and as evidence, I made a quick edit to the third figure down.

For my approach, I tried to capture the gesture as quickly as possible using simple strokes and shapes. Concerning the rendering, I approached it tonally until I captured the basic design of the shadows, and then, I went back and forth from a tonal approach to a mark making approach. I feel like the weakest part of the drawings, as far as rendering's concerned, was the line weight. A lot of the shapes seem to fall flat because of it. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment