Saturday, December 10, 2011

An Update a Day, Day Two

This is a fairly recent painting done for Painting I. We primed the canvas with black gesso, so the process was to paint around the black and utilize it as we saw fit. My goals in this painting were to focus more on simple shapes and the design of the buildings around me, to explore temperature with a limited palette (the scene originally had a fairly limited palette, but I tried to simplify it even further), and to study the behavior of the sky.

I'm always fascinated with the sky. I used to see, at most, two colors, but now, the palette seems to be constantly changing. I left an impression of the changing light in the sky, the yellow in the middle of the shape, and I really enjoy it. I hope you guys like the study.


No comments:

Post a Comment